Thursday 5 January 2012

45 days to the BHM - your help is needed!

hello!!

i'd like, if i may, to take you all back to the 1st May 2011 and my first ever post on OF&H...

By doing this blog i'm hoping it'll inspire me to continue my training, go to the gym, stop eating so much chocolate and ready salted crisps, cut back on the red wine and lose some weight. Lets see what happens...

well:- i did the GSR (great south run), i've lost over half a stone and in 45 days i'm doing the BHM (brighton half marathon). so hoorah! my blog has done exactly what i'd hoped it would do. so far so good...

what i'm needing now is to know that people are actually reading my blog.

i need to know that if i flake out and don't bother going to the gym or have a "moment of madness" with a selection box then i will be held accountable. that people may feel a bit disappointed and will say stuff like:-
  • "oi lizzie lou, stop stuffing your face and get yourself off to the gym..."
  • or maybe  "ahem... lizzie - lets get back on track"
  • or even channel dan "dig in liz, you can do it".
otherwise gang i'm worried that it could all go horribly wrong - and before i realise it, i'm puffing round brighton, bright red, with a major stitch, desperate to just give up and flop by the road side, put my head in my hands & just start bawling.

hence your help is needed!

when i check the stats on my blog (which i do every day) i'll see that people are actually reading my blog, want me to succeed in OF&H and it will inspire me to drop to the floor and do a couple of crunches as opposed to nipping downstairs to the newsagents to buy a couple of crunchies.

thanks in advance & hugs all round xx


17 comments:

Amy said...

You can do it! I have faith in you Lizzie.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes - errr 'come on Lizzie, get your finger out and get stuck in (!)'
xx

dcp said...

wot she said above ha ha ha

See you Saturday. Bring your gear and wobble round the block. Dxxx

Katherine said...

dig deep lizzy dig deeeeeeeep

Dan said...

The blog is a great motivational idea Liz. You are doing great - keep it up, and down, and up...

Deb said...

Wow, very inspiring! Maybe instead of doing pub crawls, you can do pub sprints. Seriously, love the accountability. Go to it!

Anonymous said...

Lizzie Lou, we believe in you. Hugs!!!
-Holly, Jny & Gus

Fresty said...

Ok Liz - accountability can be a good thing! Good luck and Go Girl!!! (Can't promise to look everyday, but will try xx)

Anonymous said...

You are strong and disciplined already! Keep up the practice :-) As far as all the yummies go, you know what they all taste like already-you don't need to try them again until after the run!! smiles and hugs to you

Cliff Down Under said...

Play Rocky music or Europe's The Final Countdown. Carb-load. Buy new running gear. Think of the children.

jayney poos said...

let me see you crunch Liz (and not on a crunchie). xx

Di Winn said...

Lizzie, remember that a nice chocolate bar will only last you 5 minutes on the lips, 5 years on the hips!! What is more, your improved fitness will last you a life time!! You can do it girl... NOW hit the floor and give me 50 :-) xxx (Di W)

Jo Heath said...

Wow! I am so impressed with OF&H!!
You are an inspiration. Have u seen www.myfitnessplan.com ? My husband and I are doing It to watch our food intake..... It's quite a good idea to have it on ur smart phone as an App.

Good luck my little munchkin or should I say crunchkin!! Xx

Hillaryspring said...

Liz!
I am inspired by what you're doing...it's a brave and empowering thing to put yourself out there and be accountable to all your friends and family. Nice work!!!!

Sarah said...

I'm in! You can do whatever you put your mind too, let there be no snack so delicious that you cannot wave off!

Anonymous said...

Put down the "pudding" and get back to those crunches!! Super proud of you!! Keep up the good work, wouldn't want you falling into a ditch during the BHM.

Claireee said...

Too many ready slyed crisps this evening methinks! Imagining you right now dropping to the floor and doing a few crunches before selecting your preferred bed for the night;-)