Friday 20 January 2017

Runuary day 20 - HB, quick run and a chocolate epiphany

The Hurtbox race night session was the London 2012 TT course. Mike won, then Richard, Suzanne and me at the back.

I managed about 11miles of the 27mile course in 45mins. Sir Bradley Wiggins who won the gold did it in about 54mins. So alot quicker than me.

Plus I did struggle to keep to at least 80% of my ftp for the whole 45mins. Siiiiiigh. However I've got loads of time till the Swashbuckler middle distance triathlon middle of May. I'd like to get my average mph to at least 15mph so I can do the 56miles in under 4 hours. Ideally in under three and a half hours.

Then I channelled Marcus and thought just pop your bike in the shed, take off your coat and run round the block - just do a mile.
I ran for 13.45.16
Happy with that.

Five days till my bday.

Missed sending cards to Sally, Yukiko and now Emma :(
I hope my friends and family aren't as flaky as I am!!!

Oh, and my chocolate epiphany? To not buy any until after the Brighton marathon. I'm not saying I won't have any, I just won't buy any. I can't just get a freddo when I've got a chocolate craving. I buy instead a pack of four Mars bars for a pound and then eat them all one after another with a cup of tea.

And this starts from now xx

No comments: