Thursday 1 January 2015

1st January 2015. A new year, a new season :)

I think I may have located my training mojo!!
Rather like a tortoise it's just been hibernating (and eating chocolate) but it looks like it's nearly ready to show itself. It's popped out now for a run on Saturday and Tuesday plus parkrun this morning. I think it's getting stronger every day so am now feeling extremely confident for a successful day one of lizzie 'marathon woman' carter's London marathon training plan. Wahoooooooo :)

So gentle blog readers of mine, just what is lizzie lou's season looking like so far???

January - Run Camp level 2 twelve week course starts plus I'll be back at LRR Wednesday eve training and checking out tri club's running session at the track on Thursday evenings. Oh and on my 46th bday I hope to do the Evans 112k cycle, but I may veere off at 70k if too knackered.

Febuary - nothing booked as yet so tri club swimming and running, Run Camp plus gym, cycling etc...

March - my season proper starts!
15/3 - 1st Portsmouth duathlon 5/15/5
22/3 - Winchester standard duathlon of 10/47/5 (eeeeeeeeeeep)

April 2015
12/4 - 2nd Portsmouth duathlon, I think it's 7/20/5
26/4 - The Virgin London Marathon!!!!!!!!
(I'm so excited)

May 2015
4/5 - Winchester Mayday sprint tri 400/24/5
Then me, Katherine and Suzanne are off to the Netherlands for a long weekend of cycling. The girls are even saying this maybe the weekend I bust my 100miles in a day cycling cherry.

No other plans for May so far...

June 2015
14/6 - Polsdon Lacey 10k

July 2015
Mum and Dad's Golden Wedding Anniversary party (fun)
25-26/7 - Thunder Run. Can't wait for this, should be a hoot. 5 in a team and Run Camp have two teams, and then each team from noon Saturday to noon Sunday try and run as many 10k loops that they can. I must get a head torch for  running in the early hours of Sunday morning. So excited.

August 2015
I don't have any plans but Katherine may be doing a 14k open water swim on the same day as Suzanne, the Smiths and a few other tri club buddies are doing the inaugural Dublin half ironman.
Oh and I'll be joining the Peacock's for part of their annual IOW holiday.

September 2015
No firm plans for yours truly yet.
Maybe the Southsea pier to pier 2k sea swim.
Maybe the Ashtead 10k
Maybe cheering on Katherine doing some famous river 10k swim
Definitely following online Suzanne and the rest of tri club who are doing the Mallorca Ironman (that's a 2.4m sea swim, 112mile cycle then a marathon all within the 17 hour cutoff)

October 2015
4/10 the Twin Cities marathon in Minneapolis St.Paul, Minnesota in the good old U.S.of A.

November 2015
15/11 - Denbies duathlon.

Wahoooooooo,  2015 here I come!!!!!

I've also made space for any 2015 medals. I just need to coax my sleepy training mojo back into business, lose a couple of stone, curb my currently out of control chocolate addiction and then it's operation fit and healthy here I come.

Brilliant stuff x

1 comment:

Tamsyn said...

Fab that you've got your mojo back. Have you seen this website? https://giveit100.com/ It encourages you to record a 1 minute video every day for 100 days. 100 minutes of Liz Selfie Carter - how awesome would that be?! Happy New Year! x