Saturday 31 January 2015

Nearly at the end of week 4 and I'm shattered!

I've had a couple of epiphany moments this week.
1. That 26miles is a huge distance and I'm now abit nervous.
2. That I'm going to have to make some lifestyle changes to accommodate all my training.

This weekend is a perfect case in point...

It's the superbowl (still utterly gutted we're not playing) and I'm catching the 08:35 national express coach to Derby via Birmingham to watch the game with Mr.B up in Matlock. The game is 10pm-3am, then sleep, then coach back to Southampton at 3:10pm via London with an eta of getting home around 10pm Monday night.

Can't wait to see Mr&Mrs B and the game will prob be very good. However. I'm not going to be running the 10 or maybe 12miles that my training plan says I should be doing on Sunday.

According to all the articles I've been reading, the long runs are really important as it gets the body used to being active for a long period of time. It gets used to figuring out how to sustain itself for hours at a time and it gets stronger so I won't hit this infamous wall at 20 odd miles.

I've got 12 weeks to go. I'm still on schedule but I must figure out how to work full time, have a fun social life and still manage 2-4hours of running over a weekend (plus of course the week day training)

I'll keep you posted :)

www.everyclick.marathonliz

No comments: