Thursday 22 January 2015

Day 4 Week 3, so far so good...

Still gutted about our playoff exit :(
However operation training for the London marathon is going swimmingly.

Tri club Monday - after doing some drills, coach Peter got us to swim 400m / 16 lengths.

Now, back in June I did the leatherhead sprint triathlon and clocked a time of 9.57.91 which I was absolutely delighted with. In fact I did much squawking at trytri Ben as I scuttled out of the pool as it was my best time ever. Under 10mins for 400m!!! Well, I think you all know where this is heading...

On Monday I did 400m in 9.28.35!
OMG.
Amazing.
I gleefully informed coach Peter of my achievement as he and coach Kathy have been instrumental in my swim improvement. So chuffed :)

Tuesday was a wet and cold fabulous runcamp session up at the track. Such brilliant fun. Loved it. Yes of course I was the last to finish every lap but who cares as I'm improving on myself which is absolutely my goal. 2015 is all about the running.

Wednesday - fabulous "training" session on the 18:00 to Waterloo to meet Matt for drinks in the Hope and Anchor, the Cut near Waterloo station just down from the Old Vic and next door to the Young Vic. Hey, rest is just as important as activity.

Today didn't feel the tri club track session but knew I had to go for a run. 40.01.29mins 3.5miles then when I got home, 13mins on stationary bike - 6.8km.

Still no chocolate bars although at a meeting I was at yesterday afternoon I did inhale quite a few chocolate biscuits (eeeeeeeeeeep)

Hopefully a run tomorrow morning then work and then my long weekend of "Wahoooooooo it's my birthday" begins.

Lizzie marathon woman Carter turns 46 this Sunday. Excellent.

No comments: