Sunday 6 July 2014

Njj day 6 - 36mile cycle in Weymouth

Although I didn't write up my blog yesterday you'll all be relieved to know that I'm still able to say njj is going well.

In fact at the water aid concert yesterday at the turner sims I gave away to Alex my two boxes of chocolates that I won in the raffle. Plus I didn't have any of the malteasers or minstrels that I brought along to the Hilton for the rough sleepers (see www.nolimitshelp.org.uk for details x)

Today was checking out the route for the challenge weymouth bike route with bike gang. I did the 36.75miles in 2:49.57 :)

Learning from today's ride:

1. I need better cycling shorts as my bum started hurting from 30miles :(

2. I need to talk to tobie - bikeguy to see about fiddling with my bike as my neck started to hurt from about 28-30miles.

3. A whole malt loaf in your back pocket that you grab hunks out of makes your hands really sticky - maybe need to pre cut up the loaf and wrap in clingfilm.

4. I need to use bigger water bottles.

5. Don't look at yourself in shop windows as your cycling gear is really really skin tight and I'm only on day 6 of njj...

I enjoyed the ride, feel fine about the Olympic distance tri I'm doing next Sunday in Weymouth, I threw in the bin the jelly tots I hadn't finished on the bike ride as njj doesn't apply during training/racing but kicks back in once finished and I felt fabulous tucking into my carvery late  luncheon.

Fabulous day - am now sat in my armchair, just had a lovely hot bath, watching today's TdF on TiVo.

Hoorah!

No comments: