Saturday 20 July 2024

Starting year 2 of PMA (post my accident)

Year one was all about recovering from my accident that happened 2 weeks from the Outlaw IM

I'm hoping to get half IM fit for Summer 25 to enable me to assess if I'm capable of getting full IM fit for Summer 26


It doesn't look that much but compared to this time last year when I'd got up to maybe 350 steps with my walker around my now RSH rehab hospital bed I'd say this week has been fabulous 🤗

I need to figure out what I need to do for the club champs sprint tri 1/9 - not much re: swimming and running as it's just 400m in lake Ellingham and then 5k run. However the bike ride is 33k which is currently further than I've cycled in one go so that is the challenge.

Then two weeks later it's the Ashtead 10k which is def further than I've ever run / walked since PMA (post my accident) 

Ideally I'll post every day to ensure accountability 

Today met A at 5pm in the Jubilee Sports Centre for a swim then gym

Approx 650m swimming, slow lane, mixture of crawl, breast stroke, kick, sculling, backstroke and catching up with Desponina who used to work at UoS as well.

Then up to the gym for some fun on the machines then strength session with stretches at the end - 40mins 

Drove to mum's had a magnum and played with my new headphones 

Now bedtime 

No comments: