Wednesday 21 August 2024

Less ‘swimming through treacle’ today

Was pleased with my swim this morning
Felt smoother 
Still not quick, just under 10mins per 400m front crawl but I can feel myself getting stronger which is fantastic. 

My first event since my accident is under 2 weeks away. I'm so excited!!!

I still have niggles
My glutes still get sore, my groin still gets sore, small of my back still gets sore. But I'm also getting stronger, I'm getting more active, I'm more mobile.

I think back to this time last year, a couple of weeks out of hospital and I marvel at how far I've progressed. 

Plus got my blood test results for my type2 diabetes 
My blood sugar number is now 60. That's a drop of 24 in 5 months. Happy with that. Hopefully it'll be back down to pre accident levels by Christmas at the latest. 

No comments: