Thursday 1 August 2024

1st August 2024


This was me this time last year
Coach / Physio Rob had just signed me off to be able to go home as I could manage the heights of my bed, chair, loo 

And now, one year later…


I really have to figure out how I get back into trianing. On the drive back to Southampton the small of my back was sore. So frustrating. 

My sports massage this morning Lizzy was saying tight ITB band especially left side and def tightness in my Soleus muscle - loads more on the left than the right 

But upper half of my body - brilliant 🥳
So got some more stretches to do 💪



In humans and some other mammals, the soleus is a powerful muscle in the back part of the lower leg (the calf). It runs from just below the knee to the heel and is involved in standing and walking. It is closely connected to the gastrocnemius muscle, and some anatomists consider this combination to be a single muscle, the triceps surae. Its name is derived from the Latin word "solea", meaning "sandal".

Soleus muscle
Muscles of lower extremity
The soleus muscle and surrounding structures, from Gray's Anatomy. This is a view of the back of the right leg; most of the gastrocnemius muscle has been removed.
Hilarious 
A year ago I was signed off to be able to sit down and stand up and now I'm complaining of being sore after driving for over an hour. 

I definitely have to go back to my mantra of #SlowlyCarefullyGently and just trust that with time and patience and dedication and Southanpton tri club and I'm thinking also a coach, I will get back to my Ironman fitness 🤗🤞

#LizzieGoesLong2026 🥳🤞

No comments: