Wednesday 1 February 2023

Winter Sun - the journey

I'm writing this from the sofa in our apartment at Club La Santa, Lanzarote. 
It's fabulous 

After work Monday 30/1 I caught the 7:18pm to Waterloo and was drinking tea with Pete and Nick in Pimlico by 8:40pm

Such a lovely catch up plus love my birthday pressie from them - ten steps to Nanette by Hannah Gadsby (loved her Netflix show)

Headed off to Victoria Station 10:15pm and was eating a Macdonald's on the train to Gatwick at 10:56pm

Basically I was going to sleep at the airport!

Spoiler alert - I manage an hour on a bench by Costa Coffee at arrivals North terminal 1:45-2:45am. I was starting to feel quite delirious but after my nap I felt so much better!!! I am now an even bigger fan of the nap 

Went though security at about 4am after walking around departures for awhile - both inside and outside. So peaceful. And smashed out the steps 😂

Charged phone, watched some YouTube, read my kindle and chilled. Then wahoooo - off to the gate for my flight to Lanzarote. Ate, read, snoozed and before I knew it - we landed. No luggage to collect so I was out of the airport and in a taxi to Club La Santa by 12:15pm

OMG

Lanzarote is beautiful.


No comments: