Monday 20 February 2023

Day 3 of LizzieGoesLong

Everything I've read and been told about training for a full Ironman has one key mantra - consistency consistency consistency 

Basically you've got to do your training every day and only miss one if you're ill 

I nearly fell at the first hurdle!!

Yoga at Jubilee Sports Centre ✅
Swimming afterwards  - just some drills and a 400m swim ✅ but OMG so nearly didn't go. 

I'm now feeling absolutely delighted that I know I can just follow the plan. Basically I've just got to do it 🤗

Also was fab in the pool as I did a timed 400m (16 laps) to get an idea of a time for 'swimming but not racing'

400m = 9 minutes
Which'll mean a 90minute IM swim 
I'd be happy with that 👍


I'm now about to start my 4 days on 8am - 8pm 
So tomorrow I'll go to the Mayflower Gym after work 
Wednesday is STC swim session
Thursday is Katherine's private view in Winchester 
Friday Mayflower Gym

Let's see how many ✅'s I manage.

No comments: