Sunday 5 May 2019

Half of the Southampton half

What a fabulous day!!
Walked Amy to the Itchen Bridge as she's injured her knee so unable to run. Amy walked the entire half. Totally epic. 
I had my cowbell with me so was able to whoop and cheer everyone and anyone - marshals, runners, dog walkers, small children...

As I started running over the bridge the half and full marathon lot were now on the bridge which meant I was able to cheer all the runners coming towards me. Was brilliant fun. 
Saw so many mates both running and spectating. The Southampon 10k/half/marathon really is a fabulous day.

Was on my own a lot in Weston but that was fine as I had my cowbell :)

Saw the girls coming up the bride - A, Pam, B, Vik which was awesome.

Spent a good few minutes in the stadium then headed back to the start to get snacks and a top before going to find Karyn, Shaz and Sarah on London Road.

Was able to then whoop and cheer some more :) 

Mettricks Guildhall for tea/cake after collecting the runners from Guildhall Sq. 

I then headed home as off to Yorkshire on the 3:15pm train.

An absolutely fabulous day.

Walked 2miles
Ran 4.5miles
Jogged 2miles
= approx 8.5miles
1:58
Happy with that

Knee fine but it didnt hugely like the six hours on a train X


No comments: