Tuesday 5 July 2016

Jo's 50th in Burley - 50miles of cycling and shed loads of booze

Tri club swimming Saturday morning - coach Huw as usual gently destroyed us!

Tea at Tudor House with tri club then the anti fascist demo at the Bargate.

Finally left 13:20 for the 18mile cycle to Burley YHA. I had alot of stuff strapped to my bike!!

Usual route to Lyndhurst - had my peanut butter and marmite sandwiches under a tree during the bonkers heavy downpour then through Lyndhurst up the A35 to the old Lyndhurst road - so much quieter than the A road :)

Arrived!!! 15:15 - cracked open the wine by 4pm. Crawled into bed at 01:30 - brilliant fun!! Games, afternoon tea, bbq, champagne, quiz, firepits and just one little rain shower.

Sunday - all off by 10:15am.
Puncture :(
Hoorah for Les and Lizzie who helped me out :) Meant I could then head off for my twenty mile cycle before roast beef at The Swan opposite the Emery Down turning.

Lovely to bump into Robert from tri club in Brockenhurst.

Route - Lyndhurst road from Burley, Oriental drive to Brockenhurst then Beaulieu and up to Lyndhurst = approx twenty miles in two hours. I need to get quicker, I need to be fitter and I need to be leaner. Plenty to work at!

Roast was fab. Ten mile cycle home via Vik's to grab my black bag. Home, shower, tea with balcony door open while watching TV from my armchair. Perfect end to a lovely weekend.

My plan of gently building my base fitness is going well. Will continue through July before starting my marathon training for December. I do though need to keep up my cycling and swimming ready for the club champs 21/8/16

1100m swim Ellingham lake
33k cycle
10k run

My aim is to be easily under four hours hence I need to get quicker on my bike,  keep working on my running and I really need to get more long swims in either at Lakeside via HOWL, and or Hilsea lido :)

No comments: