Friday 15 July 2016

First aquathlon for over a year - HOWL 14/7/16

Well...

I'm certainly glad I entered and I did have a wonderful evening - loads of tri club and running buddies plus delighted to be able to support HOWL.

However... The swim was hard. I should have done 750 but managed 450m - I didn't do the last loop of Eastleigh lake. Had abit of a panic, couldn't breathe very well, couldn't get into a rhythm and was right at the back.

When I got to the exit after 15mins knowing I still had another lap I decided to just get out and do the 5k run.

Run was lovely, felt good. About 300m from the end, duty phone goes off :) eeeeeeeeep. Run walking while discussing an incident while everyone is trying to make me run! Luckily tri club buddies were on hand to steer me through the finishing shoot as I had no idea where the end was!

Incident sorted. Love my new buff. STC won the inter club champs. Cycled home. Very relaxed evening of rest and recovery while catching up on the TdF - omg Chris Froome running up the mountain without his bike!!!!! Awesome.

SWIM 15.56.16
T1 3.06.61
RUN 38.25.09

Total = 57.27.86

Brilliant fun :)

No comments: