Friday 24 April 2015

Luncheon before tackling the Expo.

I've collected my race number etc... and am now having my packed lunch out in the forecourt of the ExCel centre.

Decided I needed to eat before tackling the expo. It's absolutely vast and I won't enjoy it if I'm rapidly losing years due to hunger. No-one wants to be shopping with a five year old trapped in the body of a forty six year old menopausal woman :)

I'm feeling fabulous. Calm yet practically popping with excitement. It's a totally different feel to the half ironman back in September 2014. I was very excited then too of course but also absolutely terrified and doing lots of silent weeping and whimpering inside myself.

I don't feel any of that with the London Marathon. Just total and utter excitement, joy and pride with myself and with all the other 37,000 odd of us who'll be running Sunday. It's a wonderful feeling.

Now it's time to finish my sandwich and get shopping x

No comments: