Sunday 23 June 2013

Polsedon Lacey 10k

2012 I did it in 81minutes - today I did it in 73mins. 8mins quicker - I'll have to ask Coach Ant how big an improvement that actually is.

Would have been abit quicker but spent couple of mins checking a fellow runner who'd totally blown up - had a mare of a time with his pacing - had thrown up and was lying on the ground. Asked what else I could do to help - to tell his wife Petra that he was fine as she was waiting for him about 5mins ahead. Spent a minute or so telling her he was fine then headed off for the last bit.

It's a great feeling - knowing that you've just run 10k. Left knee bit tender - did more walking than I'd of liked and I wasn't absolutly knackered. Must sort this out because it's obvious I can run faster if not for niggling pain at about 50mins (approx 8k).
I really felt like I was middle of the pack but looks like I was again in the last 30 or so. We've all got better since last year!!

Weather was great - sunny and clear - instead of wind and rain which had been on the cards for awhile. Debs and the girls did the fun run and we met a few other ashtead chums which made the event even more fun.

Will def be doing it again next year. Plus it was so amazing to run in my club shirt!

No comments: