Wednesday 26 June 2013

4 days to the Eastleigh Tri

Gosh - I'm doing my first sprint triathlon in four days! Who'd of thunk it?! I'm still slightly stunned by my athletic prowess compared to just a couple of years ago.

Will be round at K's by 6.45am this Sunday as have to of registered and set up transition by 7.50am as first wave sets off at 8am.

I reckon it'll take me about 2 hours - will be done by 11am even if in last wave - will be able to continue the now traditional bacon sarney tea and cake afterwards. Also reckon they'll be quite a few familiar faces competing and in the crowds - I'm very excited.

Training wise - rest tomorrow, maybe a cycle Friday, Tri club Saturday and cycle to mate's bbq in hedge end. Early night after sorting out all my gear then triathlon Sunday morning. Probably won't get another run in - wonder how long my 5k will be after the lake swim and 20k cycle... Guess we'll find out within the next 4 days.

No comments: