Wednesday 22 May 2013

RR10 in Sway - 8k cross country

New Forest running clubs turn to host the RR10 and yet again it was a beautiful spring evening.

I didn't wear my top as the last two races I've wrapped it round my waist within 10mins of starting. The organisers had also said this was proper cross country so be very careful with footing and low branches.

I was just hoping to be round within an hour - there were a few hills!

51:23.67 mins later I jogged / limped across the finish line and collected my girls finisher pink raffle ticket - 129th woman home. Excellent.

Slightly concerned about my left knee as sore on the outside of it and was giving me pain from about 23mins. I'm hoping to join run camp again - need to work on my running technique and strengthen my core.

Great evening though.
I absolutely love being a member of the Lordshill Road Runners!

No comments: