Saturday 11 May 2013

Resting before racing

Yesterday I cycled to and from our work away day at Victoria country park - approx 7.5km cycle each way done in about 24/25mins. Today though I am chilling in Brighton then this evening I'll be in southsea eating pasta.

The trains on Sunday won't get me to the venue in time to register etc so staying with a very old friend tonight. She's up for supporting me Sunday! Excellent. I have though role hee to grab the Sunday papers and bring a flask.

I reckon I'll do the first 5k in around 35mins. T1 includes the ferry crossing to hauling island so will prob be at least 15mins! Then 23k cycle in mabes 75mins. T2 aiming for under 60secs them the second 5k in under 40mins.

Start time is 8am so I should be staggering across the finish line all smiles anytime after 10.30ish. I'm rather hoping we'll then go for a cup of tea and a bacon roll.

No comments: