Tuesday 8 November 2011

8/11/11 - day 1 of physio forced rest

its official. i totally over did the training and have knackered my knee. fact i over pronate and have a wierd gait hasn't helped my cause either. so no running, no big walks, no treadmill, no xtrainer - basically no leg work for me for at least 2 weeks - orders from my physio lauren. bummer. who'd of thought that lizzie "always picked last at games" carter is bummed out with a sports injury and is gutted that she can't do p.e.? totally hilarious.

okay... bright side carter/must be a silver lining carter...
ummmmmm

i will use this enforced sabbatical from running to focus on stretches, upper body strength and strengthening my core at the gym. and outside of the gym i'll focus on what i'm eating. so its back to fat club (once my new fridge freezer arrives).
perfect timing. i'll lose mabes one to one and a half stone (thats approx 21lbs for my chums over the pond) by the new year so that when i do start running again i'm lugging alot less of me around - gotta be good news for the knees.

this does mean that i wont be doing the brighton half marathon on the 19th feb 2012 with my running buddy bernie. just dont think i'll be match fit in time. will focus instead back on the 10mile race in surrey on the 18th march.

sigh.

No comments: