Sunday 11 June 2023

Swashbuckler done in 7:55!!!

Am feeling epic 

My first sub 8 hour middle distance triathlon.
Think the swim was on 1500m but the run was just over 22k so reckon it all balanced out.

Loved it
Swim was wonderful- not at all worried now about the Outlaw swim, just concerned about just how far it is and whether I'll be losing the will to live by the end. Although tbh I may well be feeling that about the whole thing!!!

Cycle was in biblical rain
Took it carefully but I was tired at the end so need to get stronger 

Run - every km I walked for 30secs
Wasn't fast but I did feel like a little would up toy, just kept going.

Basically I may well scrape the cutoffs
I'd like to be a bit more confident 
Need to be another km/h faster on the bike and another 30secs per km quicker on the run 

Let's see what happens over the next 5-7 weeks 

No comments: