Saturday 3 June 2023

57 days to go!! Rattler bike ride

Today was glorious 
131km round the New Forest in just under 6hours
Had my new cycle shorts on - very nice - kinda like I was riding sat on a cushion 

Stayed at Suzanne and Richard's last night as we needed to be on the road by 6:30am with all 3 bikes on the roof of the car

The 82mile / 131km route took us to parts of the New Forest we'd never cycled in. Loved it. 

Weather was fabulous 
Feed stations amazing
Company fantastic 

Got home by 5pm as had some food in the near by farm shop / cafe before collecting Yogi from Ant and Lindsey's 

I cycled home from A&L's on the outskirts of Totton - approx 10k

Chilled
Ate
Showered 

Then off to Jenny's as Suzanne collecting us 5:25am for the swim and run parts of the Rattler tomorrow 

8 weeks away from the Outlaw and very pleased with how today went. Absolutely no way I could have then run a marathon but I reckon as long as I make the swim/ bike cutoff I'll be able to run/walk my way round the marathon in a minimum of 7 hours on tbe 30/7 šŸ¤—


No comments: