Wednesday 7 June 2023

4 days to the Swashbuckler

I should be more nervous
Hilarious how it's just a training session and I'm curious to see if I can get under 8hours - that's the cutoff - but that would also be my fastest ever half!!

Swim - feeling fine about it. Hope I'm not to complacent but I have been working on the swim big time and I do feel faster in the water

Bike - well… I think I should be faster than last time I did the bike. It'll be interesting to see if I can go under 3 and a half hours. It's not closed roads so I will need to be careful but if I can average 25km/h how amazing would that be!!!

Then the run
It'll be run / walk
The 10k on Sunday was 80minutes 1:20 so I reckon the 22k this Sunday will be about 2:50. If I can go sub 3hours I'll be happy. I want to finish with stuff in the tank so I recover quickly to be able to train next week

I'm at week 2 of my big training block so I need to make sure I don't injure myself or over train so too sore to do anything. 

I am very excited  

No comments: