Friday 31 March 2023

New trainers 🥳

Yesterday I'd convinced myself I've got a stress fracture in my left foot and may have to defer the Outlaw to 2024
I stayed in all day, resubscribed to Prime and basically did nothing except baked some breakfast muffins and did a tray bake of veggies and quorn (both delicious) 

I then decided maybe I was okay so went to tri club at the track and ran 4x 500m then 3x 500m

Today Anabel took me to Alexandra Sports, Winchester so I could finally spend my birthday voucher on some new trainers. Saucony again and they're lovely. The chap reckoned my trail shoes that I've been running in are fine but would be worth getting a new pair as there's not much 'life' left in them.

Felt so much better as my old trail trainers are fine and I haven't over trained so reckon my foot is just bruised. Training for a big event is stressful as there's always that panic that you'll get injured. I did though check and if I need to defer I can as long as it's no later than 37 days before the event.

 Basically I'll need to do a body MOT after the Swashbuckler half IM on the 11th June and decide if I'll be able to do the 3.8km swim, 180km bike ride and then run a marathon all in under 17 hours   6 weeks later on the 30th July 🤞


So what have I done today training wise today on day 42 / week 6?

1.25 hours of Hurtbox - me on the stationary bike chatting to Suzanne and Jenny while YouTube 'cycling' in the Alps 😂

0.5 of fitness Pilates
0.5 of stretch 
0.5 run
1.0 STC swim

Grand total of training today = 3.75 hours 
And just under 20,000 steps 


I now need to sort out my Just Giving page for SIBs who I'll be raising money for 🥰

No comments: