Sunday 18 November 2018

Gosport half - 2:49.16

Thought I'd be quicker... 
Ankle is a bit swollen so have some ice wrapped round it. Legs sore, hobbling round the flat like I'm 80 next bday not just 50. 

Other than that - what a fabulous day!!
Kelly gave me a lift, so many familiar faces - tri club / running club buddies. Bloody loved it.

Start line with Kelly, Kaz, Neil and Dawn then bumped into Debbie after about half a mile. We then ran together for the first half - non stop chatting and waving  at various mates. Loved it.

Then second half I went a tiny bit quicker (Debbie finished ten mins behind me). Absolutely beautiful day. Sunny, warm. One of those perfect autumnal days.

So many tri club and LRR mates out on the course. Love being a part of so many clubs!

Plus Ben from work was lead bike. 

Excellent goodie bags at the end - loads of cake, crisps, bananas, drink, chocolate. 
All in all a fab run.

But do I have another 13.1 miles in my legs? PCM in five weeks. I'm not feeling at all confident. Will be interesting to see how I do at Downton half next Sunday

...


No comments: