Friday 31 July 2015

Ankle prognosis from physio Steve.

Not great :(
Tendons should heal pretty quickly
Steve worked on them, releasing fluid and kneading them. Really painful but Steve's feeling positive for a speedy recovery.

Ligaments however, not so good :(

Def got torn ligaments but would.need to have a scan to see exactly how bad thre damage is.

Steve's thumb got well into ligaments and caused me extreme excruciating pain. It was as if he was tattooing my ankle / piercing it with a white hot poker. Pain.on so.many different levels. But it's def loads better than it was and I have some strengthening exercises to do.

Won't be doibg the Ryde half marathon 16/8. Prob won't be doing the duathlon Leanne's doing 23/8. Not sure about the new forest half but hopefully I'll be back by then.

Won't be taking bike on holiday to iow week after next. Won't be taking my running gear either.

It's stength and conditioning fortnight here we come. I'm gonna be rocking the core-fantatstic!!!

Aaah well. It's the lot of the endurance athlete... = injuries. I'm just going to have to look on this as an excellent opportunity to really focus on my core and upper body strength which'll be brilliant for when I start running again.

Which'll either be the end of this month or early September xx

No comments: