Sunday 5 July 2015

What a fab weekend! 5k, tri club, 10k.

An unexpected weekend in Southampton so decided to make the most of it!

Friday daytime was spent mostly sunning myself on my balcony while chums popped round for tea. The evening however was alot more of&h. It was Runcamp's night of the 5k PBs up at the track. Hot and humid but brilliant fun. I set off first then every minute for about 22mins in descending order of their best 5k times we all ended up running 12.5 laps of the track.

Really enjoyed it l, lots of waving at LRR chum Louise who was in the stands and chatting to anybody who was around. According to my watch I may have done an extra lap. Either way loved it. 35.03.81mins or 32:38.07 for 5k. Delighted with both :) then bbq.

Saturday - tri club swimming - haven't done a Saturday morning session for weeks. At 9:05am I just wanted to get out. At 10am when I did get out all I could think was what an ace session. Then Tudor House Cafe for tea/scones/pannini etc... Rest of the day spent in front of the telly - F1 qualifying, TdeF, Wimbledon...

Sunday was the Race for Life 10k on the common which I did with chums Vik and Ana (pic taken just before the start). 1:10.37,  I cheered at each km marker and whooped at all my fellow runners. Such a wonderful atmosphere. Loved it. Then absolute bonus, had tea and a slice of pizza in the Hawthorns Cafe with Rose and then we realised it was barely 10mins till the start of the 5k so we strolled over to the Tauntons/Bellmoor entrance of the common to whoop and cheer the 5k runners. It took 15mins for them all to run/jog/walk past. Amazing.

Yacht pub in Woolston (see pic) for a spritzer latr afternoon then an evening of tv and pottering. 

Great weekend.

No comments: