Thursday 6 August 2015

13 days since I last ran. Trying to stay positive...

OMG!!!! How on earth do people do it???? Get on with everything when they know they haven't run for donkey's years and probs won't be running again any time sooooooooooooooon???? NIGHTMARE :(

*desperately trying to remain perky and positive*

Oh bollocking buggering blinking bloody tree root / uneven surface with my headtorch POINTING UP!!!!

Luckily I know that this is just something we endurance athletes (hahahaha I love describing myself as this - cracks me up every time) just have to go through / get through and nine times out of ten you do pop out the other side as a better runner / cyclist / swimmer.

I'm sure I'll be a better runner because of this. Will have so much more respect for core work, for strength and conditioning, for good nutrition and for keeping my bloody eyes on the path ahead!!!!

Eight weeks two days.
Still plenty of recovery time.

And let's face it - I'll have an awesome time in the states regardless of whether I do the twin cities marathon or not.

If I don't I'll have more drinking and partying time (what's not to love about that?) and I'll still be spending $$££ at the expo (can't wait - I do love an expo).

If I can run - then Hoorah and I guess we'll just see how far I get round the course before  I decide to call it a day.

If I finish = amazing.
If I don't = I'll just have to go back to the twin cities next year and run it again :)

Win / Win.

Although there is a huge part of me that's not being at all philosophical and is just screaming "but I want to run!!!".

I have though this week managed to get to the gym to do some strength and conditioning work / core work. Plus swam at Hilsea Lido and marshalled the LRR RR10. So that's something.

Off to the IOW tomorrow for a much less energetic nine days with sis, bro in law, dear college mate and three gorgeous girls of 9,10 and 11 years.

No Ryde half marathon :(
But plenty of laughter, wine and cuddles from those gorgeous girls. I literally cannot wait :)

The pic is me marshalling last night x

No comments: