Thursday 9 July 2015

Love the Marwell RR10

My local running clubs all organise a Wednesday evening 4-5mile cross country run during the summer. It was Eastleigh's turn last night and they host their run at Marwell Zoo.  It's fab. You can see some of the animals from the course which is a beautifully hilly route.

4.2miles, 48.39 mins, non stop, felt fabulous

I also cycled from Southampton out to the zoo, so yesterday I cycled about 37km in 2hours 4mins. My average speed was 17.9km/hr. That included some commuter cycling and I did ease off by the last few kms heading home last night. But really pleased that my average is slowly going up. I'd love it if my normal cycling averaged at 20knm/hr.

Left my flat at 6:05pm, got home by 9:45pm. A wonderful three and a half hours or so of exercise, seeing chums and enjoying the beautiful summer evening. Then I watched some of the TdeF before shower and bed.

Such a super way to end a Wednesday :)

No comments: