Friday 15 September 2023

One crutch in the flat!!!!!

Just seen the community physio
Not ready to do the stationary bike as she wants my pelvis to heal more 
Not ready for swimming yet but she did mention hydrotherapy 

However I am now ready to move to just one crutch in the flat (still 2 crutches when out and about)  and to add walking along my walkway with just one crutch to my exercise programme.

To work on:
I need to relax my left hand
I need to look up more as she said my eyes were pretty much fixed to the floor!
I need to build up to walking both up and down the walkway as my groin was sore by the end of the walk. It def felt that both sides of my pelvis knew we'd been working

Catherine pointed out that when using just one crutch I'm having to use my muscles loads more so they will be sore. We then had a chat about my pain meds - I'm now down to pain med 3 times a day as opposed to 4 times a day. 

She's next at mine 10am Friday 29/9/23
Lots of explore
1. Stationary bike
2. Going to one crutch outside of the flat
3. Exploring swimming 
4. Discussing work 
We'll be going for an extended walk outside so she can properly observe exactly where I am in my review wet / rehab. 

She pointed out I may feel as if my progress is slowing down but actually she can see that physically I'm strong and I have good balance so a large part of the next 2 weeks will be the mental side of recognising I'm able to manage with just one crutch. 

This is great news 

Accident time line?
It'll be 9 weeks tomorrow Saturday 16th September. 

NB - I've appointed a solicitor to help me with compensation (am feeling so epic that I've actually managed to make a decision) 
Physio Catherine suggested hydrotherapy so I need to investigate possible venues in Southampton for this 

Update!!!
I needed a nap after she’d gone as was quite tired and sore 

No comments: