Sunday 17 September 2023

Celebrating mini wins

I need to keep celebrating all my mini wins so I keep feeling positive as I see myself constantly moving forwards - albeit not as impressively as when I went from a walker to crutches or managed steps for the first time

So what little wins am I celebrating this week

Monday 11/9 - walking 16 seconds with no crutches in my flat

Tuesday 12/9 - first time walking 1km without stopping. Yes I then had to sit and rest on a bench in Hillier's gardens for about 15mins before we headed to the nursery space to buy plants but 1km!!! Non stop!!!!

Wednesday 13/9 - did skittles. So did bowling with just one crutch. 

Friday 15/9 - well - where do I start?? 
Walked all the way up and down the whole of the walkway with just one crutch!!! Yes I had to have a nap and yes I had to take additional pain killers but crikey - one crutch!!!!

Saturday and my step count - it ended up being 5473!!!!

But today I'm celebrating two quite major things.

1. Shower
I stepped into my shower - I didn't sit on the bath board and carefully swing my legs over the bath
No, today i stepped into the shower backwards as has to lead with my right leg. Then clinging onto the hand rail I dragged my left leg over the bath.
I then had shower but didn't sit down once.
I then stepped back over the bath onto the bath mat. 

2. Up to the University to see the Hub gang
Alex and I have pencilled in 10-4pm Wednesday 11th October as my first day back
It will be 12 weeks and 4 days since my accident if I do manage to go back on the 11th 🤞

#SlowlyCarefullyGently
#MovingForward 




No comments: