Monday 23 October 2017

GSR revisited 22/10/17

Six years ago i signed up for the Great South Run. About four months later i started my blog operation fit and healthy because my training up till May 2011 had consisted of eating chocolate and drinking red wine. 

And now six years later i've just finished my second GSR with my mate Pam. We loved it.

2011 2:10.38
2017 2:10.24

We chatted the whole way round, whooped and cheered at every mile marker, hugged friends & loved ones, ate jelly babies and enjoyed a scenic ten mile jaunt around Portsmouth and Southsea. 

For Pam it was her first major race of any description and for me it was a perfect last race of what has been a fabulous season.

I'm back properly from my ThunderRun 2015 all over excited not looking where i was going turning my ankle rocking the moonboot DNS sadness of 2015 into 2016. And i feel fabulous. 

I beat the cutoffs at Ironman Weymouth 70.3 and got my finishers medal. 
And now i've completed the GSR again - back to where it all started; and as in 2011 i got to race it with a very dear friend :)

2017 has been brilliant. New challenges, lots of change and loads of feeling epic. 

I'm one huge smile as i ease into a winter of training and i really can't wait to see how much quicker i can be in 2018.

No comments: