Sunday 18 December 2016

Portsmouth coastal marathon kinda done - 20.5 miles of it

What a fantastic day. Yes, I didn't finish the marathon but I did run 20.5miles of it - such a gorgeous route. And then got a lift back to the finish in time to change, eat a sandwich then cheer everyone in.

Loraine - using this as a warm up.for.london
Aurelio doing his one hundredth!!
Sam - wondering how on earth I got back.before her :)
Then our two newest members to the marathon club Sian and Jo.

Much whooping and cheering.
Plus got to catch up.with Rach. What a fabulous day.

I just wasn't strong enough today. Got tired, lost my form and my knee started hurting. Decided it just wasn't worth it. To.much fun stuff booked for next year to go and get injured so I stopped. The fab elf marshal then gave me a lift back - we chatted all things running the whole way.

I've just smeered my knee in deep heat and will try and sleep. Fingers crossed I don't totally sieze up. I'm already walking like an eighty year old x

No comments: