Wednesday 14 December 2016

CC6 Sunday 11/12 :)

4.8miles of muddy cross country on a beautiful winter morning in the New Forest. It was wonderful. I ran for STC in 1:01.52 and loved it.

I was the penultimate woman to finish and only lost one shoe once in the.mud.

Could I have been a bit quicker? Maybe. But I had so many lovely Lordshill Road Runner marshals to chat to and hug enroute.

While running I did periodically wonder how on earth I'm going to run a marathon on the 18/12. Eeeep. I finished feeling very perky. Whooping and smiling. So maybe I'll be fine next Sunday...

Then tea and toast at Jenny's and lunch at the new Greek place in the West Quay development with Pam and Karen. Chilled for the rest of the afternoon,  watched the light show at 7pm then spent the rest of the evening / night watching the NFL.

This has been a fabulous weekend.
Hurtbox Christmas meal Friday eve at Trego Lounge then a great tri club swim session Saturday morning. A quick cup of tea with Suzanne before a couple of hours at work. Hurtbox session 3-4pm then Katherine popped in for a cuppa before I went for a drink with Pam and Karen and we watched Fantastic Beasts.

Yep, a great weekend.
But mainly great because for the first time in two weeks I ran and it felt brilliant.

My thighs though started to hurt from Sunday afternoon. Eeeek. I'm sure the marathon will be fine!!!

No comments: