Thursday 10 November 2016

Friday 4th Nov - my best 5k time since 2014 :)

Just one week after the tri club 5k time trial where I managed to clock 31.17.38 ...

On a cold and foggy Friday evening at the Runcamp night of the 5k PBs...

I managed to smash my previous best time in two years by knocking off another three seconds.
31.14.21 :)

Thirty One Fourteen!!!!!

Utterly delighted.
I knew I'd gone out quickly, I thought to quickly thinking I wouldn't manage to sustain the pace and fade.
I was wrong.

My first 1k at tri club was 6.11.70 My first 1k at runcamp was 5.37.14

By 4.6k at tri club - 29.08.05
By 4.6k at runcamp - 28.50.32

I knew I just had to keep going and see if I could push myself just a little bit more. I could. Yes I felt sick and wanted to stop but I also felt so strong and relaxed and fast. So hard to describe but I felt like I was flying :)

And just so lovely to share it with my fabulous running buddies x

No comments: