Sunday 7 August 2016

#supportcrew #thamesmarathon

I'm absolutely shattered!!!

Today I got up at 3:50am so I could go support Katherine swim the 14km Henley to Marlow, Bridge to Bridge Thames Marathon. We (Maisie and I) must have walked about 20km, well it certainly feels like it. Feet are very sore and I've managed to aggrivate my right ankle - the one I injured last year at Thunder Run. It's sore, bit tender. I've iced it. Fingers crossed it feels okay tomorrow...

Katherine smashed it. 4:55 for the 14km swim which was broken down into 4km, 6km, 1.5km and 2.5km swims with three food stops positioned at the locks that the swimmers had to walk around.

Weather was lovely, I'd packed plenty of snacks and the walk was very leisurely. Mug of tea at the end then burgers at the jekyll and hyde pub on the A33 outside of Basingstoke. Home by 5:30pm, had a snooze and now it's time for bed.

Supporting is knackering :)
Well mabes not quite as knackering as swimming 14km, but tiring all the same x

At tri club on Friday coach Darryl videoed my swimming, can't wait to see what I look like swimming!

No comments: