Sunday 21 August 2016

Club Champs Sunday 21/8/16

RaceNewForest over at Moyles Court by Ellingham lake.
400m swim / 1k run to transition / 33k cycle / 5k run. Starts 7am, registration 5:30-6:30am.

Early night Saturday so didn't set alarm to watch Mo do the double double in the 5000m. What a hero.

Cycled to Sandra's for 5am, Rob collected us both and we rode trip rode trip road trip to the venue. Registered, chatted to lots of STC members and set up transition.

I really enjoyed the event. The swim was super, didn't default to breast stroke once and my goggles didn't mist up.once.

The jog to transition was fun, felt like Rocky with my red towel draped round my neck

T1 - faffed about abit, decided not to wear my cycling jumper - was I going to regret that decision???

The cycle was really good fun. Had some of my peanut butter and.marmite bagel while getting myself settled. Gave one of my inner tubes to some poor chap who'd got two punctures :(

Windy cycle, beautiful countryside, lots of people overtaking me, lovely marshals. Wasn't to cold. Loved it.

T2 not too shabby :)

The 5k run was quite a tough, undulating out and back. I did have to walk abit. But what was great was seeing so many stc club mates on the run, lots of high fives and congratulations and well dones to pretty much anyone who passed me on either side.

Back into transition and through the finish line. I love finishing. I've said it before, it's that overwhelming feeling of achievement that permeates through every fiber of your being.

It really is a wonderful feeling :)

I arrived back just in time to watch the awards being given out so could cheer club mates who'd done particularly well. Then onto the bbq - thanks Steve, Claire and Anabelle. Chatting, cup of tea, lots of laughing. Great feeling of being amongst fab club mates. Loved it.

Hot shower and a lift home with Sue, then sausage and chips while watching the Olympic men's marathon. All in all a super Sunday :)

400m swim 13.17.61
Out of wetsuit 1.58.24
1k jog to transition 10.54.46
T1 3.35.38
33k bike ride 1:37.30
T2 1.54.62
5k run 41.12.53

Total = 2:50.23

No comments: