Thursday 18 September 2014

Weymouth half ironman recovery - day 4 :)

Oh my good god I have eaten so much crap it's unbelievable! Biscuits, chocolates, crisps, pizza, chicken & chips, toast and marmite... You name it (as long as it has little nutritional value) I've stuffed it in my face.

Yes Suzanne, I really do need to go back to a no junk month except when training!

So... How has my recovery been going?

Sunday after the event - athletes recovery area, then tea and malteasers, walk to transition to get bikes, lovely shower back at hotel, pub dinner of chicken and chips with Suzanne, her mum and dad plus Stuart and Tamsyn then chilling in hotel room caked in deep heat from 10:15pm.

Monday - huge hotel bfast, we loved the Bournville hotel, Weymouth - the owners Mark and Pam bent over backwards to help us. Drive home had some snacks of crisps and last of the malteasers. Home just after midday. Watched NFL, had a snooze then cuppa tea at Red Hot Press and then round to Viks for cup of tea.
Walking was bit sore if I'd been stationary so getting up after sitting for awhile was tricky but honestly I felt amazing.

Tuesday - aaah, when I woke up it was as if the soreness dial had been turned up 3-4 notches. More deep heat was applied!!!! Wonderful massage at 3pm - wasn't too crunchy, still hurt abit but not as much as it would have done if wasn't as fit as I am :)
Then October books and A's for a cuppa. Home, ordered pizza. Telly. Bed.
I did sit on the stationary bike for about 30mins - 12.56km.

Wednesday - worked in morning so took in my medal to show everyone / show it off to everyone...
Spent afternoon watching Jesus Christ superstar the O2 version then pub cycle crawl.

Today - Thursday... I went to the gym and flapped about abit. Minimal sweat but did some stretches and weights. Met Katherine for lunch. So tired this afternoon. Yoga this eve - Wai noticed I was much stiffer than usual - gosh I wonder why?
Home, tired. Take away chicken and chips. Then had massive chocolate craving that I resisted for about an hour but then cracked (see photo!!!!!)

So recovery is going okay.
I'm resting, I'm eating what I crave although that'll have to stop soon otherwise I'll be back to Lizzie lardarse NOT elite athlete Carter pretty bloody quickly. Just sayin.

But I feel wonderful. I'll do my race report hopefully tomorrow but for now just know that the swim was bonkers, the ride was beautiful, the run was brilliant and the support from friends, family and complete strangers was amazing. I have already checked out next year's HIMs and am thinking of possibly doing Challenge Amsterdam on 12th Sept 2015 :)

No comments: