Saturday 13 September 2014

Half ironman is tomorrow!

Pub next door has kareoke on. Yay.

All sorted for tomorrow.
Gear laid out, alarm set for 4:55am. Will walk up to transistion - bout 25mins with bags. Fiddle with bike, hand over bags then watch some of the ironman before getting into my wetsuit and focus on my race.

I have no idea how I'll do. Maybe quicker than I think... I guess we will just have to see. Maybe I will finish by 4pm. Doubt it but you never know. I could have a great swim, smash the cycle and have no problems with my knees. That'd be fab :)

I did have a slight trauma when taking bike off the bike rack before heading up to transistion - puncture due to hole in tyre. Luckily expo going on so just bought new tyre and inner tube. Lovely chap sorted it so and Suzanne and I just popped it back on the bike. Phew. Fingers crossed no more traumas.

Slight headache, have taken paracetamol - I'm probably just tired and over excited.

Right, I'm going to bed.

No comments: