Friday 12 September 2014

Two sleeps to the half an ironman!!!

My race gear is all packed in my new sports bag :)

I've also packed plasters, paracetamol, deep heat, some freeze gel for sore muscles and a tube of arnica just in case - better safe than sorry and harking back to my brownie guide days as seconder in Gnome "be prepared".

Suzanne's picking me up tomorrow morning just after 10am, Mark at the Bournville Hotel in Weymouth is expecting us and various chums and family members will be there to cheer and collect bikes (yay Suzanne's dad). I really can't wait. It's going to be such a fabulous experience.

The challenge Weymouth website has a live tracker so you can just pop my number 1718 in the search box and then sit back for about 9.5 hours and watch me compete! Or more accurately see a computer screen refresh every 30-60mins as I pass over a timing mat either in transition or out on the course. Exciting stuff.

I should try and get an early night as I can't see me sleeping much tomorrow night. I'll then be up at 5ish Sunday morning, racing for 9.5 hours then eating and drinking for the rest of Sunday night while cheering home the full ironman finishers.

I have taken next week off work.

www.everyclick.com/halfanironman

NB - pics are of all my race gear first laid out on my bed and then all neatly packed away in my new sports bag.

I love my new sports bag :)

No comments: