Sunday 31 August 2014

No Junk September starts tomorrow

Yep, I'm going back to a no junk month as I'm incapable of judging just what "hardly any" actually is when it comes to chocolate. NJS will also include me not buying crisps but if a packet is open in the pub then I will have some. Sweets are included but not ice cream.

I'm a great believer in abstinence as long as it's your choice. I'm not going to set myself up to fail. I will have sensible sweetie goodness while training and the odd yummy treat but not chocolate as I can't just have "hardly any".

Great 42mile cycle today, fab new 17 mile cycle route discovered while out with Pam and Karen this morning - Romsey then sharp left and you pop out where I was marshalling last year at the LRR 10mile race, Totton by railway, ending up at Redbridge then back into town along Millbrook road. Loved it. Will def be doing that again.

Then Gosport via Lee on Solent - stopped for crappy cup of tea at the penguin cafe - the cafe was lovely but the young man didn't leave the tea bag in long enough. Then off to the Sunday tea club for tea and cakes, and then thank god, bikes went in the van and Pam and I got life back to soton. Yay Karen.

Just finished watching Alistair Brownlee win the grand final with Javier Gomez crowned world champion. Should really go to bed as quite tired, Giants/Brewers on ESPN and happiness is... the American football season starts Thursday with Seahawks at Lambeau field. Kick off 1am.

Oh and the attached picture was consumed earlier. Methinks NJS can't come quickly enough!!!

NB - if all goes well in less than 2 weeks I'll be Lizzie Lou Carter - Half Ironman :)

www.everyclick.com/halfanironman

No comments: