Saturday 30 August 2014

Oh dear... HAJA has rapidly descended into TCFFA :(

Well... It would seem that my dear friends and family actually do know me better than I know myself...

After a superb start to HAJA - hardly any junk august where it was the odd handful of tortilla chips, maybe a few squares of Cadbury's dairy milk and the odd biscuit, it is with a heavy heart and full belly that I have to admit Haja didn't really work :(

Haja has, I'm sorry to admit, descended into Total Chocolate Feeding Frenzy August - TCFFA.

Sigh.

With two days left in the month I know I'm going to have to move into NJS EWT (no junk September except when training) as I really can't have "hardly any" junk. It's just not something that I'm capable of :)

Basically Operation Fit and Healthy had been 50/50.

Fit = going well, for instance this morning before work I swam 1500m (60 lengths) in 41mins and was in the gym yesterday morning before work. The Healthy part though has taken a nose dive into a very deep ocean and has yet to resurface (eeeek and ooops).

It's now 15 days to the half ironman and although I'm pretty nervous about it, I'm also really excited. Another week or so of training then a good couple of days of rest so I give myself the best chance of a sub 10 hour race. It's going to be tough but it's also going to be brilliant fun. I really love being a triathlete :)

www.everyclick.com/halfanironman

I've attached the old me at Breakout at Pride 93 pic again cos it makes me smile.

No comments: