Sunday 10 August 2014

Haja okay but now thinking nmja ewt...

What a fabulous August it's been so far. IOW with sis, bro in law and the nieces. Lots of sea swimming, running and rose wine.

Haja has been fine, I've been writing it all down so for instance on Sunday 3/8 I went for a run, had some sea swimming at Ryde beach and my haja consisted of packet of crisps at lunch, 4 digestives, 2 mini squares of flapjack, 2 strips of fruit and nut and one strip of dairy milk plus some white wine.

Haja and holiday exercise along with being a tourist = fabulously fun holiday.

However...

It's now 5 weeks to the day for the half ironman. I need to rethink haja especially after this evenings mini choc frenzy (eeek)

So, haja is now no more - holiday with sis finished yesterday. Training today - stationary bike, 3 sessions while watching the 1st packers pre season game = 45mins and 21km (approx)

It then stopped raining so I went out just after 3pm for a 2:54.52hour cycle = 31.91miles.

Haja disaster though - choc craving so of course figured I'm haja-ing so a bit of choc is fine...
It's no use. Who am I kidding? I can't just have "hardly any" chocolate. It's just not in my DNA to have just have one small piece! So after much soul searching I've taken the positive step of retiring haja.

I am now doing "nmja ewt" - no more junk august - except when training. It's def the right thing to do :)

Also seeing as the half ironman is just 5 weeks away I should start getting "operation fundraising for breakout youth" up and running.

So dear blog readers of mine - please check out:

www.everyclick.com/halfanironman

and feel free to fish out your plastic for this amazing cause.

Oh and the pic is today's page in my training log book - as you can all see, nmja ewt couldn't come soon enough :)

No comments: