Thursday 13 February 2014

Taking it easy in the run up to Brighton

I decided not to go to boxing this eve as I didn't want to spend Sunday morning hobbling round Brighton bent double because my stomach muscles were whimpering from this eve's session!

I went for a gentle jog instead round the city centre - was out for approx 43minutes and I did about 5.5/6km. I then rode my stationary bike for 6mins - I would have cycled longer but my right knee started to twinge so stopped. My left leg - calf - had a weird twinge at about 24mins when running past the mayflower. Not sure what that was as my running felt great by the parks.

Another early night as hoping to get to the quays for 7.30am for an early morning swim. Ideally I'd like to do 40-50 lengths. I guess we'll see how that goes in about 9.5/10hours :)

Decided to do park run on Saturday - a nice gentle 35min (ish) 5k will set me up nicely for Sundays half marathon.

Working in sholing tomorrow then pub in the evening so I'll prob by cycling about 10miles tomorrow as well.

No comments: