Sunday 17 March 2019

Back in the pool 1750m

Met Jenny in the pool after work. If I'd of been on my own I'd of bailed after the third 100. As it was, did ten.

1750m worth of swimming in about 50mins or so. My 100m time is about 2.29-2.31. I'd like to get it down to 2.05-2.10. So drills and swim fitness / time in the water.

After I was rescue boated from the standard distance tri back in July 2017 I really focused on my swimming for Weymouth 70.3 - I've got to ensure I get plenty of swimming in this time around as wel even though it's the cycling I'm hugely focused on. 

13 weeks today I'll have finished. If under 7:30 then I'm def going long next year. Eeep.

Consistency with my training. It's the only thing that's going to get me to my goal.
My mantra will be something along the lines of  'just keep training, just keep training' Think Dory in lycra, specs and a bum belt!

Week five of my training plan is a wrap :)


No comments: