Wednesday 17 February 2016

Yay for scarring tissue knitting ligament back together :)

Well, that's what the consultant thinks may have happened with my ankle and the moonboot. He reckons I can get back doing everything I was doing pre thunder run injury - gently does it at first and no running on uneven surfaces yet. If ankle does turn then go back to GP, do another referal and he'll operate. He doesn't want to do surgery unless really necessary as surgery has its own risks what with blood clots, infection and ankle potentially losing flexibility...

It's a watch this space. But I'm feeling so much happier :)

And then this evening noticed an email from Ironman to say 25 spaces left for Ironman UK in July this year. I'm obviously not signing up for 2016 but I'm hugely tempted to do it in 2017.

Early days, gently gently but I'm excited for what I may be able to do this year. As opposed to being sad for everything I've had to defer or cancel.

No comments: