Tuesday 4 July 2023

Running in zone2 is hard!! 26 days to go

Didn't cycle today as the weather forecast was for rain - a lot of rain

So instead I had a lie in and then inspired by a running channel YouTube video - the one when Anna ran a marathon in her small back garden over lockdown - I ran 8k in 1:20 while watching running channel podcasts.

My average pace for the 8k was 9:44 which would equate to a just under 7 hour marathon

I could have done that pace for hours 😂

I had a weird left knee pain about 1.5km into my jog up and down my flat but then I shortened my stride and lifted up my knees a tad more and the pain went

8k and 1:20 hours later it was time for lunch 

Finally I can say I've done a run in zone 2. 

And can I just say how hard it is to run in zone2!
 
Outside I'd struggle to run slower than 9minute kms
The having to stop and turn around at the front and back doors certainly helped to slow me down xx


I now intend to start watching Marvel's Secret Invasion while peddling on the stationary bike 

#LizzieGoesLong

No comments: