Monday 3 July 2023

27 days to go

This is my last hard week
Today I ran 18km in 2:40
Should have been 26km but I was running out of water and was getting hungry for my lunch 
Kept to my run a km walk for 30secs plan for the Outlaw and felt fine. My average pace over the 18km ended up being 8.47 per km which would give me a time of about 6:15 for the marathon 
There will be plenty of water / electrolytes plus some food and a lot of support so as long as I make the swim / bike cutoff I may well finish the race within the 17 hours!!!

However
Regarding the swim…
I am feeling very confident 
This evening at Ellingham I did 3.5km in 1:22 
I wasn't racing or trying to go quick
I felt relaxed and pretty blinking awesome
I reckon I may well finish the swim within 1:40 which'll be brilliant as I'll be able to gift myself a little bit more time for the 112mike / 180km bike leg 🥰

No comments: