Sunday 23 July 2023

My Outlaw 2023 journey is over.

Update - I wrote this Sunday morning (16/7/23) in hospital. 
(Accident happened 8:30pm ish Saturday evening 15/7/23 cycling home from work)  

Gang - a Lizzie update. A car pulled out on me as I cycled home from work yesterday evening and I've ended up in hospital with my pelvis fractured in 3 places. I'm fine apart from that 🥰 but sadly although Lizzie will def go long it just wont be this year 😢 My lovely dr in A&E says bones mend and reckons it'll be 8-12weeks recovery but the orthopaedic surgeon will check me out and figure out the best way to mend me. Will know today or Monday. Have had toast and marmite and tea for breakfast. Everyone looking after me has been fabulous. Just gutted about the outlaw ironman. But every cloud - will get Apple and Netflix subscription and binge watch a whole heap of shows I've made a note of. So you know, not all bad xxxx


Next update - a few hours later  

Just seen one of the orthopaedic surgeons - they reckon it's not too awful. They want to load me up on pain killers and see if I can walk with a walker. Yesterday I'm planning how I'm going to manage the marathon - today I'm wondering if I'll mange to walk with the walker. What a difference a day makes xxx

Next update 

So just had physio - lovely couple of woman and a walker. I managed to get to the side of the bed, stand up and take about 6 maybe 7 steps. They then pushed the bed over to me and I sat back down, swung my legs round and schooched back into bed (all super super slowly and in a fair bit of pain). They were very pleased with my progress. Although I may be here a couple more days - will be moved to an actual ward soon.
I feel as if I'm in some Hollywood blockbuster learning how to walk again 😂

View from my window bed on the ward F5 pink bay last Sunday evening 16/7/23

What a weekend! 
Started with me cycling off to work Saturday morning and finished with me admitted to Southampton General Hospital with a 'fractured in 3 places' pelvis 


No comments: