Friday 30 June 2017

Swansea Half Marathon Sunday 25/6. Eeeeep. Should have done more training.

What can i say??
I'm an idiot. I cannot wing a half marathon without doing any run training. I can wing mabes nine / nine and a half miles but i cannot wing a half marathon. 

However, I still had an amazing time :) 
Although my actual time wasnt that amazing at 3:05.21 on apparently the flatest half marathon in the UK. Ooops. 

It all started so well. 
Got to the start with plenty of time to have a pee and chat to Dean from LRRs. Chatted to some lovely women in the starting pen and whooped and cheered my way across the start line.

I felt fine.
Took it gently. Chatted to anyone and everyone - fellow runners, spectators, marshals and whooped at every mile marker. I was having such a fab time. Was absolutly on schedule to meet Kirst, Gav and the girls at about six miles at 10:30am for cheese and marmite sarneys and hugs. I was the picture of perkiness.

After many hugs, selfies and much whooping with my gorgeous support crew, i headed off back into Swansea feeling strong and wonderful. I even upped the pace a bit.

Hmmm, my calfs are feeling a tad tight, ooh my thighs are bit sore, ummm am i getting a blister on my right little toe, oh jeez my feet are sore just like at Brighton. Oh dear. Mile 9.5 it all went horribly wrong. 

Lets just say the next hour was spent admiring the beautiful Swansea shore line while chatting to fellow runners who were also struggling abit or they were just really really slow. 

The finish line couldnt come soon enough. Although we did have to negotiate a hill of cobbles before we got to it.
However, I really love a finish line so had a wonderful time whooping up.the finishing straight :)

Needless to say i bloody loved the race and will def be doing it next year!!

One huge addition though to June 2018's race...
Alot more pre race run training or indeed any run training. 

Obligatory finishing selfie and check out how big the medal is - it really reminds me of London 2015. 

Great great fun.

The rest of the day was spent hobberling about at Kirsty's drinking tea, eating my body weight in food and generally having a very chilled Sunday capped off with a huge roast dinner and Dr.Who on catch up.

Such a fabulous day.

p.s. 
Having a support team is just so awesome. 

No comments: